About YG FRIENDS & tutorial on how to access the GUEST BOOK on the newly opened Official YG FRIENDS website!
The YG FRIENDS webpage is a site where selected official fan staff members from each fanclub (Lucky Se7en, V.I.P, Blackjack, etc.) will upload information, pictures, and fun/random things to talk about that happen within each fandom. (Read a clarification of YG FRIENDS, here and here.) There are three different types of YG FRIENDS:
- Online Friends
- Offline Friends
- On-site Friends
- gathers diverse opinions and suggestions made by fans and will also be the voices that represent fans in the online world. They look forward to sharing fun, interesting information regarding the artists as efficiently as possible and help come up with ways to advertise the artists’ promotions.
- are the representatives of fans and the fan culture in every district and region across the whole country(i.e. Seoul, Kwangjoo, Busan, etc.). They are in charge of what happens in the offline world, doing research and monitoring of the YGE artists and their whereabouts. If a YGE artist has an event in one district, the fan staffs of that specific district will be in charge of the things happening among the fans.
- will be the fan staff members that attend the actual sites and scenes (hence “on-site”) of the artists’ music programs, show programs, live performances and events. Through the ‘On-site Friends’ page, these fan staffs will be posting up information and updates on what they do or did at these events to help manage the fans that attend (like helping them enter, getting seats, checking for identification, etc). They will also be sharing fun things that happened at these events and fanaccounts through this YG FRIENDS website.
Since YGFRIENDS members are specifically selected fan staffs, only they will be able to upload posts and topics on this website. However, everyone has access in viewing the content. After all, it’s a site to help maintain the unity of the fandoms.
There is one area on the site called GUEST BOOK where guests are allowed to voice out their comments or say hello from time to time. It’s a fairly easy process, but since the whole site is in Korean, some international fans have been asking me how to work their way around it. Here is a short & easy step by step tutorial.
- Go to www.ygfriends.com and look for ‘GUEST BOOK’ on the left-hand side menu. Click it, and it should lead you to a page that looks like, this.
- As you can see, there are a few sentences written in Korean in the gray-colored comment box. These are the rules and guidelines for posting in the Guest Book, as follows:
- Posts may not be edited after submission. They may only be deleted.
- If, for any reason, you would like to delete your entry, please remember to enter the same password you used to post it. Deletion will only work with the correct password.
- The site administrator holds the right to randomly delete posts and comments containing vulgarity, negative slang, reference or mentioning of celebrities outside of YG Entertainment, unconfirmed information, speculations, and assumptions.
- If the ‘username’ or ‘password’ you previously used continues to show up when unwanted, please check and update your internet browser to the latest version (IE, Chrome, Safari, etc).
- All post entries will undergo administrator inspection and approval before being revealed.
- Next, delete all the rules and guidelines written inside the gray comment box and write in your comment in placement of it. Like, this.
- Once your done writing your comment, enter in a desired “nickname” or “username” and password in the boxes underneath. Here. Keep in mind that this is not a permanent username and password. You may change it each time you post if you’d like. Just remember your password you inputted in case you end up wanting to delete a post.
- You’re almost done now! After the previous step, click on the button on the very right-hand side of the comment box, as seen here.
- Once you do that, you notification window will pop up, like this. It is asking, "Would you like to submit the post?" Click OK and a captcha should pop up, like this. Enter in whatever you get and click the green button on the left.
- This “captcha” will only show up the very first time you post something. After that, it remembers your IP address and all that good stuff. So when you decide to post again, it will not ask for a captcha input. However, if you end up deleting your internet cache and cookies, using a different computer or browser, it will ask for a captcha input again.
And there you go! Now you’re done! It’s a relatively new site, so let’s just respect it and follow their rules and guidelines when posting on the GUEST BOOK. This is a place for YG Family fans to come together and say hello or drop a few nice comments and inputs, not an area to cause problems. Hope this helped for those wondering! :)
Please do not take this out of tumblr! Thank you!