Bored. Sorry if I butchered her gorgeous face..
She’s so hard to draw cuz she’s too pretty ;__;
[TRANS] 120728 DARA’s Me2Day update & Chundoong’s wreath for tonight’s 2NE1 New Evolution concert!
- "This wreath had arrived by the time I returned from rehearsal!!! T_T *sobs* My younger brother… he’s in Japan for a show, yet he hasn’t forgotten about me and still cares for me like this… T_T What am I going to do with these tears coming out *sobs* Baby~ your noona will do her best today!!! *sobs*… I’ve become sentimental! However, I will try my best! ^.^ Fighting!!!"
- "My older sister who looks good even with a half-shaved head, 2NE1 concert fighting! Should I shave half my head, too?"
[TRANS] 120725 2NE1 CL’s Hips and Guest Appearance on MBC “Quiz to Change the World”…?
Recently, the “hip-up” dance that 2NE1’s CL revealed in maintaining her S-line (body line) has become a hot topic.
For all the women in their 20s and 30s who are working hard to achieve a healthy body for this summer vacation, CL has revealed a new and refreshing exercise technique.
This very technique, also known as the “Hip-Up Dance”, is a simple exercise where an individual first squats with her chest gathered together, then jumps up and down, helping to form a natural waistline and thighs.
Irrelevant information omitted.
CL’s “Hip-Up Dance” can be seen and viewed on the new “OB Beer Cass Light” television advertisement. In the advertisement, CL and famous actor, Lee Dong Wook, face a dance battle on top of an Antarctic glacier background.
In addition, CL recently appeared on MBC’s variety show, “Quiz to Change the World”, where she showed off her feminine “hip-up dance” and fancied herself as the “Hip-Up Dance Evangelist”.
*In the original article, it states that she “appeared” on Quiz to Change the World, but it should probably mean that she has participated in a guest recording since I don’t think she came out in the latest episode.
Source: E Daily
[TRANS] 120719 MINZY’s 1st Look Interview, “REASONABLE ARTIST”…
We always thought she (Minzy) was only good at singing and dancing. But judging from the artwork she randomly draws and scribbles during her alone-time, you can tell she has extraordinary artistic dexterity. We also thought that the only genre of music she would ever know and love was Hip-Hop, but she has recently been falling into the sounds of Rock and Roll as well. Now we know the exact reason why 2NE1 is called a group of “artists”. But out of the four members, Minzy’s cultural sensibility is even more than what we expected… and so are the artworks she has drawn herself with her favorites musicians as motives.
While working as 2NE1, I really enjoy listening to Hip-Hop often. But I also really enjoy listening to the sounds of Rock. And of all the Rock music I listen to, RADIOHEAD is a group that no one can replace in my heart. They are also a group of musicians who are so great that I could never forget to include in my playlists. I’m disappointed that I will not be able to attend the Jisan Valley Rock Festival, in which I chose Radiohead as my #1 priority to see, because it overlaps with our 2NE1 concert. If only I had the time, I would definitely go…. there will come a day when I’ll be able to watch Radiohead live with my own eyes, right?
Michael Jackson is the world’s greatest artist that everyone respects. Even his greatest classics, gestures, and strong sense of fashion are well-respected. I bet there isn’t a single person who hasn’t attempted the moonwalk as a child. Especially the scene in his “Smooth Criminal” music video where he looks like he’s about to fall over, I think I watched that part over 100 times in one sitting. When it comes to Michael Jackson music videos, I’ve watched every single one of them so many times to the point I’ve memorized them all. He is an artist that has given me an enormous amount of influence with his many dances. I remember crying a lot while watching the scene in his movie <This is It> where he dances to Billy Jean for the last time before his death. I think I might listen and dance to Michael Jackson even when I become a grandmother.
When I listen to the guitar riff that comes out in the beginning of Nirvana’s ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’, I feel like my heart is going to explode. I also think there is a strong spell that cannot be forgotten when listening to Kurt Cobain’s voice in their classic ‘Come As You Are’. I became a fan the very moment I first listened to Nirvana’s music. From records to DVDs, I have collected everything related to Nirvana. And I’ll say this for future reference, my ideal man is Kurt Cobain. How great would it have been if Nirvana still performed until this very day and had a world tour? I know for sure that I would have followed them around, like a groupie, to every nook and cranny of the world just to hear them live.
Rolling Stones is practically another word for “Rock N Roll” and also the #1 musician of my life. I have drawn several pictures using lips and mouths as a motive in the past, and I think it’s safe to say that I was greatly influenced by the witty Rolling Stones tongue symbol. I know they are a group that came into being way before I was even born, but Mick Jagger was extremely charismatic and charming when he was young. Even his unique and famous groove moves were impressive. If you watch the DVD of the Rolling Stones’ commemorative concert for Brian Jones at Hyde Park in 1969, you’ll be able to see and realize just how explosive and popular they were back then. It’s one of the few DVDs I cherish the most because it perfectly captures the Rolling Stones members, their hundreds and thousands of fans, and also the fashion trend back in 1969.
Q: Have you been learning and receiving art lessons since the past?
A: Ever since I was little, I attended an art center similar to a daycare for kids. Thanks to those art lessons, I hadn’t forgotten about or let go of art, even up until I reached middle school and high school. However, I am only enjoying art and drawing as a hobby because I still think music is the more suitable path for me.
Q: I think you are good enough to become an illustrator in the future.
A: I really like rock bands, especially the Rolling Stones. And I also love Andy Worhol’s Marilyn Monroe print. So by combining the two, I would often get inspired to draw Marilyn Monroe’s beauty mark (mole) to my Rolling Stones-inspired lip drawings. Whenever I’m feeling tired or getting stressed, I like to cram myself into my room and just draw. That eventually helps release all the stress away.
Q: When people think of 2NE1, the first thing that pops into their mind is a hip-hop genre based group. But surprisingly, you have more of a rock-spirit than the others. Are there any musicians you are inspired by on a daily basis?
A: I love hip-hop, of course. But I have recently been focusing on rock sounds more. I like the Rolling Stones, Nirvana, and Guns N’ Roses a lot. I’m sad because I wasn’t able to go to a Lenny Kravitz concert when he visited Korea not long ago because I had other schedules to attend. I also want to go see Radiohead at the upcoming Jisan Valley Rock Restival, but I’m disappointed that I’m not going to be able to go because it overlaps with our concert.
Q: Aside from music, what are some other cultural aspects have you been fixiated on?
A: I’ve been falling deeply for the fun in reading lately. I recently read Guillaume Musso’s <Girl On Paper> in no time because I couldn’t stop reading it; it was that good.
Q: I also heard you really enjoy movies.
A: I was so intrigued by <Leon> that I rewatched it over 300 times. Whether it be artistic value, literary value, or mass appeal, there isn’t a single thing about <Leon> that I would criticize. I think it’s the greatest movie that has ever captured an extreme measure. The scene that leaves the greatest impression is when the flowers are planted and Sting’s ‘Shape of My Heart’ begins to play in the background; I cried so much at this scene. It was so sad. My heart hurt so much. I cried so much as if I had become Matilda (character in the movie) myself and everyone seemed surprised.
Q: Do you usually watch a movie by engaging your full emotions?
A: I don’t really have many tears, nor do I cry often. I watched <The Eraser In My Mind> with Bom and she sat beside me bawling the whole time. I kept thinking to myself ‘why is she crying?’ and felt completely fine throughout the whole movie. That’s why the people around me kept teasing, “You’re so cold-blooded.” But I cry every time I watch <Leon>.
Q: I recently watched <Avengers> and cried because I was so absorbed in the science fiction….
A: Oh, then have you seen <Spiderman>? Isn’t it really fun? I feel like we have similar taste.
Q: Then what other social activities do you often enjoy?
A: I usually watch movies all the time. There was a time when I didn’t have any schedules, so I practically lived at the movie theater for a whole week.
Q: Ultimately, what kind of artist do you aim to become?
A: I want be an entertainer that doesn’t just work in one specific field, but a variety of things. If I become an artist that influences people in many different directions and aspects, I think I would be satisfied for having achieved my biggest goal. I will not be picky about any genre. I want to become an artist that only receives love and credit though music and not through art, movies, or acting.
Source: 1st Look
About YG FRIENDS & tutorial on how to access the GUEST BOOK on the newly opened Official YG FRIENDS website!
The YG FRIENDS webpage is a site where selected official fan staff members from each fanclub (Lucky Se7en, V.I.P, Blackjack, etc.) will upload information, pictures, and fun/random things to talk about that happen within each fandom. (Read a clarification of YG FRIENDS, here and here.) There are three different types of YG FRIENDS:
- Online Friends
- Offline Friends
- On-site Friends
- gathers diverse opinions and suggestions made by fans and will also be the voices that represent fans in the online world. They look forward to sharing fun, interesting information regarding the artists as efficiently as possible and help come up with ways to advertise the artists’ promotions.
- are the representatives of fans and the fan culture in every district and region across the whole country(i.e. Seoul, Kwangjoo, Busan, etc.). They are in charge of what happens in the offline world, doing research and monitoring of the YGE artists and their whereabouts. If a YGE artist has an event in one district, the fan staffs of that specific district will be in charge of the things happening among the fans.
- will be the fan staff members that attend the actual sites and scenes (hence “on-site”) of the artists’ music programs, show programs, live performances and events. Through the ‘On-site Friends’ page, these fan staffs will be posting up information and updates on what they do or did at these events to help manage the fans that attend (like helping them enter, getting seats, checking for identification, etc). They will also be sharing fun things that happened at these events and fanaccounts through this YG FRIENDS website.
Since YGFRIENDS members are specifically selected fan staffs, only they will be able to upload posts and topics on this website. However, everyone has access in viewing the content. After all, it’s a site to help maintain the unity of the fandoms.
There is one area on the site called GUEST BOOK where guests are allowed to voice out their comments or say hello from time to time. It’s a fairly easy process, but since the whole site is in Korean, some international fans have been asking me how to work their way around it. Here is a short & easy step by step tutorial.
- Go to www.ygfriends.com and look for ‘GUEST BOOK’ on the left-hand side menu. Click it, and it should lead you to a page that looks like, this.
- As you can see, there are a few sentences written in Korean in the gray-colored comment box. These are the rules and guidelines for posting in the Guest Book, as follows:
- Posts may not be edited after submission. They may only be deleted.
- If, for any reason, you would like to delete your entry, please remember to enter the same password you used to post it. Deletion will only work with the correct password.
- The site administrator holds the right to randomly delete posts and comments containing vulgarity, negative slang, reference or mentioning of celebrities outside of YG Entertainment, unconfirmed information, speculations, and assumptions.
- If the ‘username’ or ‘password’ you previously used continues to show up when unwanted, please check and update your internet browser to the latest version (IE, Chrome, Safari, etc).
- All post entries will undergo administrator inspection and approval before being revealed.
- Next, delete all the rules and guidelines written inside the gray comment box and write in your comment in placement of it. Like, this.
- Once your done writing your comment, enter in a desired “nickname” or “username” and password in the boxes underneath. Here. Keep in mind that this is not a permanent username and password. You may change it each time you post if you’d like. Just remember your password you inputted in case you end up wanting to delete a post.
- You’re almost done now! After the previous step, click on the button on the very right-hand side of the comment box, as seen here.
- Once you do that, you notification window will pop up, like this. It is asking, "Would you like to submit the post?" Click OK and a captcha should pop up, like this. Enter in whatever you get and click the green button on the left.
- This “captcha” will only show up the very first time you post something. After that, it remembers your IP address and all that good stuff. So when you decide to post again, it will not ask for a captcha input. However, if you end up deleting your internet cache and cookies, using a different computer or browser, it will ask for a captcha input again.
And there you go! Now you’re done! It’s a relatively new site, so let’s just respect it and follow their rules and guidelines when posting on the GUEST BOOK. This is a place for YG Family fans to come together and say hello or drop a few nice comments and inputs, not an area to cause problems. Hope this helped for those wondering! :)
Please do not take this out of tumblr! Thank you!
[TRANS] 120326 YG FAMILY Strong Heart Special, the 3 biggest misconceptions about YG Entertainment!
On the coming episode of SBS Strong Heart on the 27th, BIGBANG, 2NE1, Se7en, Tablo, Psy, Gummy, and Sean have accompanied each other as guests on the show. On this night’s broadcast, it is safe to say that the YG family members will be sharing their moments and episodes that have happened within the company itself.
During the recording, the YG family members better explained the three biggest misconceptions about YG Entertainment to resolve the misunderstandings people may have. The first misconception spoken about during the show was how 'YG does not look for appearance'. At this remark, Big Bang member, Daesung, abruptly began asking, “Why is everyone looking at me?”
Daesung then elaborated, "YGE definitely looks for physical appearance (when looking for new artists). However, the average scale marked is only about a 3.5… Our appearance standard is seemingly low."
The second misconception was that ‘YGE parties often’ or ‘parties well’. At this, the members of the YG family all blamed PSY in a disapproving, yet joking manner, claiming that it is all his fault. Seungri explained, "Ever since PSY came into our company, the way we party and the atmosphere of the parties have changed," and also created a riot of laughter within the studio when he showcased his imitation of PSY at the company get-togethers.
Lastly, the third misconception of the company was, ‘CEO Yang is an angel.’ At this, all of YG family cocked their heads from side to side, showing responses of disapproval. The YG Family special episode of SBS Strong Heart will air on the coming 27th and also the 4th of April.
Happy 22nd birthday to the baddest female Seoul city ever had, CL! You are a great leader, a very talented and wonderful person. I love how you’re fierce and full of charisma onstage but so adorable and lovely off cam. Your solo and group performances never fails to amaze me. Your smile makes me smile. Don’t ever change, Lee Chaerin! We, blackjacks love you just the way you are. ♡
[TRANS] Park Bom and CHAO’s Park Taeyang have shared a kiss together before debut!
A kiss scene of idol group CHAOS leader, Park Taeyang, and 2NE1 member, Park Bom, has been revealed.
On an online community, a post was published with a video of Park Taeyang and Park Bom’s kiss scene where it has also been garnering a lot of attention.
The kiss scene that has been firing up a lot of interest was from a 2007 music video of a YG Entertainment solo artist, Ji Eun, called “Tell Me Once” where the two appeared as a couple.
In the music video, both Park Taeyang and Park Bom show a different sense of charisma and “young vibe” as it was filmed before their debut.
With this news out and about in the public, many netizens have been commenting, “I had no idea that was Park Taeyang and Park Bom”, “For a moment I thought people meant they used to go out”, and “They actually look pretty good together.”